Tuesday, May 24, 2011

N Movie - Anything with Ashton is OK by me...

Sick of the movie reviews?

Too bad. That's all I seem to be accomplishing on the 101 List these days! Over the long weekend I was able to check off my "N" movie for #30 - Watch a movie starting with each letter of the alphabet that I haven't seen before. I rented No Strings Attached starring Natalie Portman and my cutiepie Ashton Kutcher.


I think my expectations were a little too high for the caliber of this movie. That, and I was quite tired the night I watched it. Like, so tired I kept falling asleep, then I'd wake up and skip back to the last scene I remembered, fall asleep, and so on until I finally gave up and just finished watching it the next morning.

So it wasn't exactly riveting. But then again, I'm not sure anything could have kept me awake that night.

It made me a little depressed that Ashton's character, Adam, was so head-over-heels for Portman's character, Emma, but she refused to reciprocate the emtional side of their relationship. Friends with benefits, nothing more. His attempts to woo Emma in the hopes of her wanting their relationship to become more were so sweet.

Like seriously. Who turns down a guy like that?!?

The movie was filled with dry, sarcastic humour. One of my favourite parts was when Adam gives Emma a mixed CD with time-of-the-month-themed music for...well, that particular "time of month"...Listening to them singing "Bleeding Love" was definitely one of the funniest moments.

If you like light and fluffy chick flicks, check it out. If you like Natalie Portman (who is in, like, every movie these days), check it out.

And, needless to say, Ashton is adorbs. Check it out!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yeah I don't think FWB works because... someone always winds up falling for the other :(

I haven't seen this movie, maybe I should sometime though :)

And you're right, Natalie Portman has been in a lot of movies lately...