Tuesday, October 12, 2010

#30 - "K" Movie - Done!

I love movies. I'd watch a movie every day if time allowed me to. So that's why it's kind of strange that I hadn't watched a new movie since creating my list until yesterday.

I must be busy or something.

In any case, after cleaning the house from top to bottom on the holiday Monday, I decided to treat myself to a movie & popcorn. I went down to Marcotte's and picked up a new release, Killers starring Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl.


I was glad to cross the "K" movie off my list of 26 movies that I'd never seen before starting with each letter of the alphabet...And I was glad Killers got to be the one! It was such a fun action-comedy starring two of my faves, and I loved every minute of it.

I've always been an Ashton Kutcher fan - I mean, who doesn't love Kelso? But let me tell you this: If you're an Ashton fan, you must see this movie. For one thing, it's a departure from his usual goofball comedy. Yes, he's still funny, but not over-the-top outrageously.

He plays the suave, cool international spy Spencer, whose job is killing people. In the south of France, he meets Jen (Heigl), who is holidaying with her parents. The two have an instant connection, and fall madly in love. Spencer gives up his single life and dangerous job in exchange for a normal future with Jen, putting down roots in the suburbs and hanging out with her and her over-protective parents (delightfully played by Tom Selleck and Katherine O'Hara - bonus!)

However, Spencer's old life comes back to haunt him, and before you know it, their friends, neighbours, colleagues, and even Jen's parents, suddenly have the potential to be their enemies.

It's an entertaining romp. And speaking of romp - apparently Kutcher bulked up for his role, and after his first scene in the elevator with Heigl, looking like this, I was picturing all kinds of romps with him...yummm.


And cue my latest phase. Holy hell.



I also have another item on the list that can classify as "in progress" - #3, knit a scarf or dish cloth. On Sunday, my mom got out some yarn and knitting needles after Amanda and I expressed an interest in learning, and we spent the afternoon passing the needles and yarn back and forth, knitting a long strip of white nothingness. (We joked that Amanda could give it to Luke for Christmas - a very skinny white scarf!) I'd had a few knitting lessons as a kid, so I picked it back up fairly quickly. Still nowhere near able to make something presentable (and worthy of crossing it off the list) - but it's...in progress!

No comments: