Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In Progress

It's been almost a week since I started thinking about my 101 List, and I've only got one thing crossed off.

One thing.

How depressing...Kind of off to a slow start, eh?

But there are things on the list I am working on, so on the original list (which you can go to by clicking on the link under the Pages section to the right of your screen), I have marked them as "in progress".

#6 - Make Danica's scrapbook. This had to be one I tackled quickly, since the child will be turning two in a few short months, and it's important I document her first year before it's so long ago that I don't remember it. When I made Caden's scrapbook, I worked on it throughout his first year and had it to present to him (and Kara & Chris) at Christmas that year, two months after his first birthday. So I'm already behind the 8-ball with poor Dan. Not for much longer, though. I've already sorted through my photos to find all my Danica pictures, and I'm going to buy Baby Girl scrapbook supplies on Saturday. In progress.

#9 - Lose 20 lbs. Isn't this one always "in progress"? Ugh. About 6 years ago now, I dropped 70 lbs. in a year and a half. Since then, I've been steadily putting it back on. Up and down, total yo-yo-ing. Lose a bit, put 'er back on. But I'm on the right track. I've been cooking my own (somewhat healthier) meals rather than buying pre-packaged frozen crap, I've been attempting to buy more organic and healthy foods, and I've almost broken the chip-and-dip cycle. (You know, you buy a bag of chips and a container of dip...but then the dip runs out and you buy more. Then the chips run out and you have to buy more...and then the dip runs out again...and so on and so on, almost every night...so relieved that I've pretty much broken it!) Now if I could just get back to exercising a little more regularly...In progress!

#11 - Write a novel (at least a rough draft). I've always loved writing. And I wrote a so-called "novel" the year I dropped out of university. I decided that year to live my dream of becoming a world-famous author. Who needs school? Who needs a real job? Ha! I read that hand-written pile of crap now and laugh at myself for being so silly. It's ridiculous. And at a creative writing workshop I attended in high school, I remember one of the guest-speaking authors telling us that all writers need a day job. Hardly anybody writes a best-seller right off the bat. Point taken. So I've got all these storylines and characters swirling around in my head, and I've started writing ideas down in the hopes of getting something started soon. In progress.

#38 - Organize photos. Danica's scrapbook has helped in this endeavour. I've labelled all my packages of developed photos and put them in chronological order. Next step: getting all the pics off my memory cards and computer developed. I made a good stab at it on Saturday by developing everything from last fall, right up to Christmas Eve. But I can't afford to get everything done in one shot, obvs. In progress!

#83 - Acquire a taste for red wine. The thoughts of it causes me to make my "wine face". It ain't pretty. At Jared & Holly's wedding, I got so stinkin' drunk on wine (both white and red...and once I think I mixed the two to make "pink" wine) that the thoughts of it now makes my skin crawl. I can handle the white now (in very small doses), but red still gives me the heebie-jeebies. So last Thursday night I had a few glasses of strawberry Wild Vines with Brenda and Sarah. I know it's not officially "red wine" - I think technically it's zinfandel - but it's a step in the right direction. In progress...

So while there isn't a whole lot of action going on with my 101 List, two more friends have started 101 Blogs since I started mine! Check out my cousin Kayla's and my friend Mandy's. Both pretty cool lists!

No comments: