Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#96 - Done...and What a Reading It Was!

One of the items on my 101 List that I was perhaps the most nervous about, believe it or not, was #96 - Get a Psychic Reading.

Why be nervous about it, especially since it wasn't my first time? I had a reading done about a year and a half ago, and it wasn't anything overly startling or alarming. The woman who did it was pretty bang-on when she told me things about myself, but aside from her referring to my grandmother in the past tense (as though she had already passed), it wasn't an unsettling experience. (And Grandma's 95 and still kickin' so obviously that meant nothing!)

When my friend Stacy and I decided to co-host an Escape @ Home Day at my place, I immediately signed up for a psychic reading, and almost instantly regretted it. In fact, I tried to give the damn thing away. The psychic service filled up quickly, and we had a waiting list going for awhile until we knew how many appointments they could fit in one day. I kept telling Stace, "Well, I'll give mine up, don't worry, someone else can take my spot."

As it turned out, the psychic was able to take everyone who had asked for a reading, including everyone on the waiting list, and including me.

Frig.

I had stressed about it for the past month or so, worrying about what she might - or might not - tell me. And I think I was also a little worried about whether or not I would hear anything about my cousins who passed away this summer.

I went into the reading feeling very agitated, knots in my stomach, nervous, and unsure why I felt this way. While I usually find psychic readings fun, interesting, and something to take with a grain of salt, I couldn't muster up much excitement for this one. In fact, I was dreading it.

Without going in to great detail, let's just say it was an emotional yet strangely comforting experience. The woman who gave the reading was very accurate - in fact, it was a little scary how accurate she was. And she was able to connect with the other side for me, which was truly amazing.

At the end of it, I was glad I had it done.

But I don't think I'll be signing up for any more anytime soon! ;)

No comments: